This blog is my attempt to reconnect with the world of chemistry. I have a PhD in Inorganic Chemistry and make a living doing research for a large company in Michigan. As times have changed, that company has changed its focus and I no longer have as much chance to do the basic, fundamental research which I most enjoy. Through this blog, I am hoping to recapture the magic which I felt during my graduate (and undergraduate) days in college. Expect topics on chemistry and alchemy along with some non-chemistry related items which I think might be interesting.

"The chymists are a strange class of mortals, impelled by an almost insane impulse to seek their pleasure among smoke and vapour, soot and flame, poisons and poverty; yet among all these evils I seem to live so sweetly that may I die if I would change places with the Persian King."

Johann Joachim Becher (phlogistonist)
Acta Laboratorii Chymica Monacensis, seu Physica Subterranea, (1669).

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Weird Sulfur Video

I found this video over at Practical Transmutations. The humor is definitely British. Yes, that is a gun being aimed at the trash receptacle.

2 comments:

Chemgeek said...

That was hilarious.

"Sulfur is a metal...write that down."

I'm going to show this to my class

Chemist Ken said...

At least there was sulfur in the gunpowder used in the gun.